CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday Weigh-In, The 12th of Never, and Mother's Day

Today's Weight: 269.2
BMI: 46.2
Weekly Loss: -5 lbs
Total Lost: 3.8 lbs

So I definitely had some setbacks this week.  I made some bad food choices yesterday.  I also think I owe a big fat thank you to "the pill."  I also had my c-section incision open up a bit, so I am not allowed to to any exercise other than walking.  I'm trying not to get too down about things and just get back on track this week.

When I was growing up my dad would always say "on the 12th of never" whenever I asked for something that he didn't want me to have/do.  We'll do that on the 12th of never.  Well, yesterday the 12th of never finally rolled around.  May 12th was THE day to do things.  We had a garage sale in the morning, 2 birthday parties, a graduation party, and a neighborhood cookout to go to.  We were even invited a to a couple of other things that we just said no to.  The garage sale went pretty well.  It was nice to get rid of some of our clutter and make a little cash in the process.  Topher had a blast at the first party we went to at the zoo.  He loves the animals, and he got to ride the carousel.  Then we went to a party at the kid's play place at the Y.  Topher (and Daddy) and a lot of fun playing while Mommy cuddled Luke.  After that we were off to our friend Dan's graduation party.  A good time was had by all, and Topher got filthy!  On our way home we stopped by just to say hi to folks at our neighborhood cookout.  It was a really long day!  We were all exhausted.

Today was my 2nd mother's day as a mom, and I have two beautiful boys who mean the world to me.  This morning Topher kept saying that he needed me, and there is no better feeling in the world than that.  I awoke this morning to breakfast in bed.  Unfortunately, I had over-slept, but at least I had some yummy food and a nice hot cup of coffee to make me feel better.  After I ate, I got up and got ready for church.  There was even a travel cup of coffee ready for me to take in the car (although Topher tried to drink some and spilled a little, so we had to do a last-minute outfit change).  I had a sweet card from my boys, and I got a necklace with 3 hearts on it -- one for each of the 3 guys in my life.  Brandon also got me a corsage to wear to church, and I was really excited to show it off since the one I had last year got pinned to my PJ's while I moped around the house being sick.  We had a nice time at church even though we were really late.  I really enjoyed the sermon, and I am so blessed to be a mom, and I hope I can be a Godly example for my sweet boys.  Then we went and had lunch with my parents, but Topher was in a really bad mood, so we didn't get to stay very long.  We went home and had family nap time (since we were all still so tired from the day before).  We slept until dinner.  Brandon took us to Thai Wasabi, which was sooooo yummy.  Then we popped next door to Tutti Frutti fro some fro yo.  Topher loved it and even fed some to Daddy!  Now I am winding down while Brandon does the grocery shopping for me (perhaps the best present of all?).  I hope all the other moms out there had a wonderful mother's day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment