CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 27, 2012

Strange Place for a Retreat

This morning I went for my 2-hour 6 week postpartum glucose tolerance test.  I chose to have it done at the hospital near my house rather than driving all the way across town to my endocrinologist's office.  I arrived at the hospital, checked in, had my fasting blood drawn, and drank the disgusting sugary orange drink.  Then, when I thought I was going to be led back out to the waiting room, the nurse took me to a quiet, dimly lit room with a reclining chair.  She handed me a pillow, a blanket, and a TV remote.  Needless to say, as a mom of 2 kids under 2, I took this opportunity to take a nap.  It was delightful.  When the test was all over, the nurse gave me a voucher for a free meal in the cafeteria, saying that she knew I probably wouldn't have any peace at home to have a decent meal after fasting for the test.  She was so sweet!  I had a nice, relaxing morning that I totally was not expecting, and tonight I have a night out with my mom's group.  Hooray for a (mostly) day off for Mommy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment