CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Walk of Shame

I survived my first day at VBS today.  The baby room is definitely the place to be.  They are so cute!  Luke was such a good boy, and I think Topher had lots of fun too.  He can't tell me what he did, but every time I saw him he looked like he was having fun.  When we went to leave, it was pouring.  Topher was really excited and kept shouting out "nice water!"  I could hardly see to drive, so for Mommy it was pretty scary.  We made it home safe and sound, though, and we all had lunch and took a nap. 

Tonight I did my first workout in the Couch to 5K program.  I feel like such a complete failure.  I was tired by the time I finished the 5 minute warm-up walk.  I only did about half of the running.  I did at least manage to walk the entire time, although I was limping by the end.  This is supposed to be something that someone who does not exercise can do.  I could barely run the first 60 seconds!  I would be in serious trouble if I needed to run for my life.  I wanted to cry every time I came across another person (which happened a lot more than I liked).  I was so embarrassed, stumbling along and gasping for breath.  People tell me that I just use the arthritis in my knees as an excuse, but they REALLY hurt!  I also had a mild asthma attack.  I am going to keep trying for now, but maybe running really isn't for me.  I think I'm going to be stuck on week 1 of this thing for a while.  I just feel so ashamed that I have allowed my body to get into such incredibly bad shape.

2 comments:

Steph

Maybe just walk for a while, my dear. You don't want to mess up your knees more than they are. Even if you walk 30 min a night, that is more than you have been able to do, and after a month of that maybe you'll be able to run. Also, just saying....as an experienced runner, perhaps summer in hilly SC isn't the time to take up running LOL.

Grady Yarborough

The thing to remember is not to push yourself too hard too fast. So what if you couldn't run, I will probably never be able to run. I might one day be able to walk a marathon but the way my lungs are, I've never been able to run, even when I was as small as your husband. Just keep up the good work and know we are all behind you and support you.

Also screw if other people look at you weird. You are out there trying to do better for your kids, your family and yourself. Getting in shape and losing weight is one of the hardest thing for overweight people to do because there was a lifestyle that got us this way and I'm very proud that you made the decision to leave that lifestyle behind. I know I don't say it much but I do love you Lori and wish the best for you.

Post a Comment